Our mere 18 hour journey to get to Panama City went like this:
- 9am very dusty local bus to the border from Costa Rica - 3 hours
- Walking across the border which consisted of a VERY rusty old bridge - 1 hour
- Lying to the border guards about our flight schedule from Panama (We dint actually have one) - 5 minutes
- Minibus ride to the closest border town - 1 hour
- Local minibus to the town of David on the Pan America Highway - 4 hours
- Waiting - 1 hour
- Night bus to Panama City - 7 hours
The last bus was officially the coldest we have ever been on our trip, worse than the snow in Patagonia, the winds of Ushuaia and Torres Del Paine, all due to the ridiculous air conditioning on the bus….
Panama City though is cool, the old town being very similar to Havana Cuba, contrasting with the new commercial centre of town.