Only a couple of days left, so a little indulgence from us with a look back at some of the highlights of the trip. We have travelled a LONG WAY, in various forms of transportation and in varying levels of comfort, so here are our Best Journeys by:
- Car: Tupiza to the Salt Flats at Uyuni, Bolivia. 4 days, 1,000km, 5,000m altitudes, bumpy gravel roads, some of the most unbelievable scenery of the trip, all in the back of a 4x4. Click here to see more.
- Foot: The W-Trek, Torres Del Paine Chile. 4 days, 65km, many blisters, snow capped mountains, turquoise lakes, avalanches, glaciers, driving rain and winds, pot noodle lunches….stunning. Click here to see more.
- Boat: To The End Of The World. Without heading to the Antarctic, you can’t go any further south than the mythical Cape Horn. 4 days, 3 nights sailing trhough the Magellen Straits, glaciers, storms and 12ft waves. Click here to see more.
- Bus: Patagonia, all of the many bus journeys. 32 hour bus trips, only passing through 3 towns….Its a big, big place, with vast open spaces…but stunningly beautiful. Click here to see more.
- Bike: La Boca to Playa Ancon, Cuba. Picture perfect, sparsely inhabited Caribbean coastline, passing lobster restaurants and not much else until arriving at the white sanded Playa Ancon. Click here to see more.
- Horse: Tupiza, Bolivia. Riding around the place Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid met their maker. Click here to see more.